Aap Beti

Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

Friday, April 22, 2011

Death Comes at Its Own Fixed Time

Hazrat Shaykh (نور الله مرقده) describes a near death experience from his younger days. The incident occurred during a tour of Punjab with his father, Maulana Yayha (نور الله مرقده) and Maulana Shah Abdur Raheem Raipuri (نور الله مرقده).

On this journey at Raipur-Gujran, my father performed the nikah of Maulana Ahmeduddin Saheb. Near Raipur-Gujran there is a river which we had to cross by boat. The carts and wagons from this side had to be left there. From Raipur-Gujran, thousands of people on foot and about fifty well decorated horses came along. Seeing these, I felt a great urge to ride on of the horses although I did not really know how to ride a horse. One beautiful horse was brought and I was placed on it. As I sat down, I gave the horse a slap on its hind-quarter and immediately she started to run in the direction of the river. I laid flat on it filled with fear. But immediately twenty or so young men jumped on their horses after me to head us off and bring her to a stop. they grabbed the reins and brought her to a stop. Some of them, in order to cut me off even rode their horses right into the river.

Fortunately Allah had previously determined that I should live, otherwise I would surely have drowned. I later came to know that this horse was a pedigree type. People said to me that that horse had never before had its buttocks slapped.

Anyway, the sight of those young men on horse-back will always be with me. They were real experts. They did not chase my horse, otherwise she would have gone even faster. They raced on both sides of the horse, preventing it from going to the river. Then they came from both sides and closed in on her. they then grabbed the reins and brought her to a halt. I had done practically all that was needed to die, but Allah saved me. Death was not to come to me there. It comes at its own fixed time.

Aap Beti, Page 340

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Umra said...

That our life is preordained and hell and heaven predestined by Allah is an axiom.

5:03 am  
Blogger MUHAMMAD AMMAD SIDDIQUE said...

Islam is the best religion of life and we really apriciate your struggle for spread of islam

3:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

This was really nice article and made me realize this truth. May Allah guide all of us to the right path. We should get maximum Islamic knowledge and live our life according to it in order to be successful in both here in this world and hereafter. Thanks

11:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu Alikum

Amazing Illustration on #qadr #predestination
Please watch it & share!
http://youtu.be/J0va5KJV61I

for subscription: https://www.facebook.com/info.truefaceofislam
https://www.youtube.com/user/ncapcs?sub_confirmation=1

9:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home