Aap Beti

Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

Monday, June 26, 2006

Dealing with Differences of Opinion (2)

The 'Maulana Asad Madani' mentioned in this story is none other than the son of Hazrat Hussain Ahmad Madani (rahmatullahi 'alayh), who had only recently passed away in February of this year at the age of 78 (innaalillahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon...the ummah has lost a great man of Allah). It is requested that you make du'aa for Allah to raise his ranks in Jannah, as well as everyone else's.

Now listen to the follow up story. It was at a time when there was a massive dispute between the Jami'at and the Mushaawarat (Consultative Executive), about 2 or 3 years ago. Maulana Manzoor Nu'mani was my guest. He asked to see me in private and I fixed an appointment for after Zuhr. I was performing my Fardh Salaah in the Masjid and a boy came to sit by my right side and told me that Maulana Asad Madani had arrived. On my left, another gave me the same news with the addition that he was in the kachaa ghar. I told him: "The camel has already gone out from under the mountain. Go away."

I finished my Sunnats and sent a message to Maulana Manzoor Saheb that Maulana Asad had arrived, but like his father, his visits were only for an hour or half an hour. I would call him later.

I went home and told Maulana Asad that this time had been promised to Maulana Manzoor for a private audience. He was then in he guest house. However, if he wanted to discuss something in private, there would be no problem. He replied that he needed only ten minutes of my time and I asked other attendants to exuse us. After this private audience I called Maulana Manzoor and made him and his retinue meet Maulana Asad Madani and his friends.

I told them how I had felt at Zuhr time, as though a storm had broken loose over my head. Then I told them the story of Hazrat Madani and Maulana Zafar Ahmed, but at that moment I had no more fears that people of such diverse views could be present in the same gathering in my presence.The Elders were gone and only my friends were left behind. May Allah grant all my Elders great reward and high rank.

Afterwards, when it did happen that arguments arose over some dispute, I used to tell them, "The cocks should go outside if the want to fight. But if they want to eat, then eat, otherwise Khuda - Hafiz - farewell."

I have a great disliking for fighting over questions about which there is a difference of opinion. I look upon the differences among the 'Ulama as a mercy, as I have said in Al-E'tidaal.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is great to see such useful Islamic knowledge sources online and I think learning has now become much easier than ever. You can learn Islam online at anytime and anywhere. Thanks

9:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home