Aap Beti

Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

Monday, November 27, 2006

Even the Pious are human...(2): 'Bayt Bazi'

After all, we were all kids at one point...Except the difference is Sheikhul Hadeeth's self described 'foolishness' is linked to his love for Allah, not love for the dunya.

I was not allowed to go anywhere without the company of my father or uncle. My only game was to play 'bayt bazi'. Whenever my companions, Mazhar, Mahfooz and myself found my father out of the way we started playing.

Once the foolishness got hold of me and we started playing 'bayt bazi' with the verses of the Qur'an. One would recite a verse and the other would have to recite a verse starting with the letter with which the last one ended. My two friends were not hafiz's and I was only a hafiz in name. So I do not know how they were supposed to quote verses. After three times of playing this game, it stopped abruptly. The funny paty of it all was that whenever we played the game, that day was one on which for some valid reason I received a hiding. The experience made me repent for this foolishness.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May Allah Tala reward for your well in this life and hereafter.


Jazkallah Khair,

Mujtaba Ali

1:17 am  
Blogger seeker of spiritual progress said...

May Allah also reward you for your kind words. Wa iyyakum.

8:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

inshallah you will pray for me

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home