Aap Beti

Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

Sunday, December 24, 2006

True Gifts

We have seen in the UK, with Heathrow being shrouded in fog and consequently, many Hajji's failing to make the journey, no one will perform a deed that they had the strongest intention to do without the Will of Allah. Below Sheikhul Hadeeth relates a similar story, where he had prepared to do Hajj with Hazrat Raipuri, but then had been unable to go. He also mentions the 'gifts' he received from Hazrat Raipuri's Hajj journey...

I had decided to perform 'Haj-e-badal' on behalf of my deceased daughter Shakira and had borrowed the money and handed it to Hazrat. May Allah reward Maulana well. He not only performed her Haj but I heard that thereafter until the time he left for Egypt, he also performed many Umrah on her behalf.
But to this day, I regret not being with Hazrat on this Haj.

On his return he said to me: "Throughout this journey, I have been thinking about what I can take back for you that would please you. I thought about a mishlah, musalla and certain other things, but then I thought to myself that you would definitely express great happiness at my presenting it to you, but it would not truly please your heart. I wanted something that would truly please you. After pondering over this for a long time and giving it great thought, I wore an Ihraam from Masjid-un-Nabawwi on your behalf."

I said: "Hazrat, you tell me, could there have been any greater favour? An Umrah and ontop of that performed by you...and that too from Masjid-un-Nabawwi! Inshaa allah, that is more than enough for me."

Due to the barakat of Hazrat's favours, sincerity and love, I have received news of people having performed hundreds of Umrahs on my behalf. Lately together with Umrahs, news of Haj-e-Badal on my behalf has also reached me. In some years, I have been informed of upto ten or twelve Haj-e-Badal having been performed.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Masha Allah!
This is one of my favourite stories from Aap Beti. Its very beautiful how Hadhrat portrays the message and re-iterates to us that if one is blessed with the presence of Haramayn then the real gifts for those beloved to him are Tawaf, dua, and Salaam...

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home