Aap Beti

Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Flattery and Humility

A very short extract, but it just struck me how those connected with Allah responded to flattery with, not pride, but humility!

One such story was told about the 'Babul Istihaadhah'. Once on my visit to Deoband, Hazrat Madani said to me: "You have in Kitabul-Haj of Owjaz written a very nice thing, which pleased me very much. Many of Imam Bukhari's objections have been removed through your commentary."

At that moment Hazrat was walking towards his class to go and teach. I bent my head and was so moved that I could not even ask to which part of my writing he was referring to, which caused Imam Bukhari's objections to end. On many occasions I have wanted to ask him, but because of my shyness I could not.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home