Aap Beti

Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Death Of Maulana Yusuf (rah): Part 3

During that day there was such a lot of activity that there was hardly any time for talking. On the second day, Maulana Inamul Hasan said to me: "It was through your advice that the body was brought here. During the argument over Hazrat Raipuri's janaza, as to where he should be buried, Maulana Yusuf Saheb always used to tell me on various occasions: Do not remove my corpse to any place. If I should die on the train, then take me off at the next station and bury me there. Do not even move me to the place where I had purchased a ticket."

I said to him: "My dear man, when the deceased had given you this 'wasiyat' why did you not act upon it? Why did you not carry it out?"

Maulana Inamul Hasan replied: "The situation was so fraught with excitement and riot and the possibility was such that a tremendous disturbance could be caused. But when your name was mentioned all became quiet. The people of Lahore were adamant that Maulana should be buried in the graveyard of Maulana Ahmad Ali. The tableeghi brothers wanted him buried in Raiwind. And the Mewatis and Indian brothers insisted that he should be brought back to Delhi, because they felt if that was not done, we would have a riot here in Delhi. When your name was mentioned, all three parties remained silent. Hafiz Siddeeq said that they would never be able to act contrary to your order."

I said: "But then, the least you should have done was to inform me of Maulana Yusuf's 'wasiyat' by phone. I did not know of that. Had I known, I would never have called for the janaza to be brought here."

In these seventy four years of mine, I have seen a lot, heard a lot. A long story can still be told with lots of warning and lessons.

It set me thinking deeply about the wonders created by Allah.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home