Aap Beti

Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

Thursday, June 28, 2007

"My Father..." (3)

There were many points upon which my father and Hazrat Saharanpuri had differences of opinion. Because of the fact that they never had any enmity and open arguments, leave aside the general public, even the Ulama with close contact with them did not even know about these differences.

Allow me to write about one such difference of opinion by way of example: If in the case of an animal offered up jointly for Qurbani, two or three persons hold one share jointly to be offered on behalf of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam, my father considered it permissible on condition that each of them have a share in the rest of the seven shares of the animal. Hazrat considered this as being not permissible.


During that time my father was staying upstairs and Hazrat was below, on the ground floor. I have seen many people come to Hazrat to ask about this same mas'ala. He would say to them: "In my opinion it is not permissible. Maulana Yahya considers it permissible. Go upstairs and ask him. If he gives you permission then accept and act accordingly."


In my opinion also it is permissible, while our Mufti (Mufti Saeed Ahmed Saheb) and the previous Nazim Maulana Abdul Lateef Saheb in accordance with Hazrat's opinion considered it as being not permissible. We knew about each other's views and have discussed the matter but the end result was that I did not accept their view and they did not accept mine. But never was there any pamphleteering against each other, nor any arguments. Regarding the burial of Hazrat Raipuri in Pakistan (instead of Raipur), I have always told people that there is no need for fighting over the issue, no need for taking out pamphlets against the other side, nor for debates, as always happens in cases of differences of opinion. No matter what the nature of the dispute, what need is there for fighting and arguments? There is no harm in explaining one's view with sanity, reason and calmness. If after that, the other party does not see his way clear towards accepting your view, then it is most inappropiate to resort to swearing and degrading them. I was so open-minded in this regard that I never even debated with Congress, League, Jami'at or Ahraar supporters.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home