Aap Beti

Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

Saturday, May 05, 2007

True Friends

There is another story which I was not going to write down, but my friends pursuaded me to do so. Hazrat's [i.e. Maulana Hussain Ahmad Madani rahmatullahi 'alayh] favours on me were numerous and as his favours increased, so my ill-mannered ways increased. Once a discussion took place on 'the Elders and Jannat' and I said: "Hazrat, you shall not enter Jannat without me."
Hazrat replied without any hesitation: "Yes, certainly."

About a year or so later, after I had forgotten this conversation, Hazrat came here while I was in Darul Talaba. A man came to call me. While I was still coming, another person took Hazrat away with him to eat mangoes at his house near the Madressa. When I came from the Darul Talaba, I heard that Hazrat had gone there. When I followed him there, I found Hazrat sitting with the mangoes already in cold water waiting for me. I asked: "What was so urgent that Hazrat had to come earlier; I could have come with you."
Hazrat replied: "I did not promise to take you everwhere, the place I promised to take you, there I will take you."

Hearing this, I was very pleased that after a year, Hazrat still remembered. Since then, insha Allah, my spirits have been lifted a lot. Prior to that, the fear exuded by the verse:

"Wamtaazul yawma ayyuhal mujrimun"
"Stand aside today, O you evil doers"

was uppermost in my mind. May Allah grant me a place among the shoes of those Elders. [Aameen!]. This is not a far expectation of His mercy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home