Aap Beti

Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Discussions of the Literate

Below is just a couple of examples of Sheikhul Hadeeth's (rahmatullahi 'alayh) literacy, and beyond that, proficiency, in the science of Hadeeth. Indeed, the title 'Sheikhul Hadeeth' was not for no reason.

I still remember my academic (ilmi) discussions with Hazrat Madani and my academic debates with him. Many such topics have been written and collected by me under the name of 'Ifaa'daat Hussaini' about which I have already written in the chapter on my writings. During the writing and compilation of his 'Khutbaat' which Hazrat use to write to me a lot, he often sent a student with a note asking for the source reference of certain Hadiths. I would then with great diligence look up the Hadith, write it and send the reference to him.

Hazrat Madani was very opposed to hand fans and if anyone got up to wave a hand fan over him, he would scold that person and if I insisted on doing it, he even scolded me too.
Once Hazrat loudly asked: "Is there any reference in the Hadith in support of this fact (the usage of hand fans)?"
I replied: "I could not even find proof in the Hadith to the effect that the electric fan in Hazrat's room is permissible."
Hazrat started laughing. Thereafter I sent him a Hadith wherein is mentioned about Hazrat Bilal waving a fan over the people in a Musjid. Then, when Hazrat visited me again I told one student to fan him when he arrives, because now the use of a fan has been proven. What objection can he have now?

Hazrat said: "You have sent a Hadith from a little known kitab."
I asked: "Do you mean to say that all the Hadith are only to be found in the well known kitabs?"

Similarly, he once asked: "Where is the Shari'at proof for this pressing (massaging) of the body?"
I replied: "It is difficult to find a Hadith which substantiates all the things which are permissible. But I will search for the Hadith and send it to you."
The next day I sent the Hadith at the hands of one student.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://radicalmuslim.blogsome.com/2007/05/30/the-mega-mosque/

49,981 signatures have now been received on a terrible petition against the London 'Mega mosque' based on incorrect and inciteful information. This shows the existence of the intolerance and Islamophobia in Britain.

The mosque would provide a place of worship and show Britains tolerance and multiculturalism. It is now the duty of Muslims and evey citizen to sign the counter-petition to BUILD the ‘Mega Mosque’. Please sign at the link below and promote this on your site.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/buildmosque/

11:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home