Aap Beti

Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fear Playing the Shame Game

In this respect I remember something very important and I always warn my friends about it. In the Hadith we are warned against shaming a person for a sin committed and if one does that, he never dies until he himself becomes involved in that same sin. I have from experience found this to be very true and have warned my friends never to disgrace or shame people for sins committed by them. This is a very grave matter. It is a completely different aspect to warn them against such deeds or to advise against it or to preach to them to discard such acts.

I thought of this Hadith at this stage because of the following: In my childhood I noticed Hazrat had no teeth and that Hazrat used to take tobacco with this 'paan', which after four or five minutes he took out of his mouth to put into a spittoon. I used to think that if he takes it out again as he put it in, then what was the reason for putting it into his mouth in the first place. He has no need to eat paan! Since he did not have the habit of chewing paan, I thought this was foolish. But I pay the price myself. My teeth are gone and I am still addicted to paan-eating. Now I have to cut the paan into small thin pieces before eating it and I blame myself for the habit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home